Thursday, September 24, 2009

9/23/2009

Another pretty quiet day.  When I left for work, the busway was still (relatively) crowded, and lots of annoying ass drivers on Negley (I hate to drive).  Alot more police/military activity than in the previous 24hours.  One of the National Guard armories by me is housing Guard troops/police.  I have several buddies from my time in the guard who were activated for the G-20.  I've been trying to keep in contact with them to find out the latest dirt on what's going on.  Not a whole lot.  Fine with me, I hope this is the most boring blog in history.

While at work, the neo-conservatives I work with were abuzz with the Greenpeace sign hanging from the West End Bridge.  I agree with the message, disagree with the execution, and overall, if that's the worst disruption we see, that is just fine by me.  A bunch of articles were on-line about the "siege in Shadyside", over-hype much????  I don't blame owners for wanting to be prepared, I blame the news media for trying to sell headlines. 

Speaking of being prepared, I went on a jaunt after work to pick up pepper spray for my wife.  Some may say I am being a reactionary.  I don't think I am. I am being what we like to call prepared.  If nothing happens to her, AWESOME, no harm no foul.  If some whack-job does try to mess with her, I would racked with guilt that I didn't do anything to help her. 

All was normal when I got home, alot of talk amongst the neighborhood.  Nothing new, just alot of the same from previous days (frozen turds, bricks, and burning cars.)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I got here because you redirected some traffic to http://dontbeag20jackass.com - my site. I'm glad to see it getting around, and right now, I agree 100% with your sentiment.

    Today, even at the wildest, things today didn't get too far out of hand. Some businesses were damaged, but nobody was hurt. If this is the worst of it: fantastic. Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, everyone agrees that civil disobedience beats chucking rocks through windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen. I got really angry when I saw them smashing the windows on the Boston Market. #1 It hits close to home for me. #2 Boston Market may be the biggest bunch of corporate bastards in the world, but all those stupid anarchists and thugs did was scare the crap out of some innocent people trying to make a living. Diddo to what happened in Oakland.

    ReplyDelete